Configurators allow your viewers to interact with your scene and create different versions of your product in 3D space.
In January 2022 we launched our new builder interface. You can now find behaviours to create a configurator in the left menu. Click the icon next to "Add version" when adding versions.
In this article:
A material configurator allows your audience to view different material options for your model. The object configurator allows them to view different models.
Add a material or object configurator
Configurators are found among the object behaviours. To add a configurator:
- Select your object or object part.
- Open the behaviours panel.
- Select "On Load" from the list of triggers.
This is the only trigger that can be used for a configurator (selecting a different trigger will remove the configurator options in the next step).
- From the list of behaviours, select either the material or object configurator
To add versions to a material configurator
After you add a material configurator, your objects' current material will be listed as the only version. To add more options:
- Expand the Action
- Select the up arrow next to "Add version" to open the material library.
- Select materials from the library to add them to your configurator options.
Note: At this time, preview mode does not support interacting with the configurator.
Add versions to an object configurator.
- Select "Add Version" to view your library of saved objects (these include any model you've uploaded to the current scene).
- Select objects to add them as a version. The original object will be the default selection when viewers open your scene.
Edit the configurator's appearance
Select configurator options to edit the appearance of your configurator in the viewer.
Toggle Configurator Display
If you want to temporarily remove the configurator, toggle the display option OFF. This will let you temporarily hide it from your scene without deleting it completely.
Edit the configurator position.
The configurator is always placed on one of the borders of your scene. You can choose to place it at the top, bottom, left or right.
Edit Colour Mode
Select between dark or light mode for your configurator.
Embed to your website
Once you have the configurator added, you can publish your scene and embed it to your website or online store. The video below shows how BRIO scenes can be used to create engaging, interactive e-commerce experiences.