A Look refers to the adjusting of color for your scene. LUTs are used to adjust the color profile.
What is a 'LUT'?
The Lookup Table (LUT) refers to color grading and you can use to change the colors of your scene in BRIO. Color grading with a LUT helps to achieve a variety of looks and feels for your scene.
How to Create a LUT in Photoshop for BRIO
You will need to create your LUT outside of BRIO and then import it in to BRIO. You can do this in multiple color image editing software, such as Instagram, Meitu, LightRoom, Fusion 16, After Effects, Nuke etc.
Here are the steps for creating a LUT in Adobe Photoshop:
- Take a screenshot of your scene, and then download the LUT image. Open it in Adobe Photoshop.
- Place the LUT image on a layer above your screenshot. Create an adjustment layer on top and make your adjustments.
- Apply your color adjustments to the LUT image.
- Crop the canvas down to the LUT image dimensions. Save it as a .PNG and import it using the 'Custom LUT' in BRIO.
- Your BRIO scene will now reflect the color adjustments made in Photoshop.