Export your scene for Augmented Reality to let audiences view the product in their own environment.
Augmented Reality is great for presenting single objects, like furniture or artwork,in a real-life setting.
Optimize your scene for AR
Most mobile devices have built-in render engines for viewing AR experiences. This technology is more limited than web 3D, so you'll need to make sure your scene meets the specifications for AR viewing.
The performance guide (located in the top-right corner of the builder) will tell you if your current scene will perform well in AR based on the size, number of objects/textures, and other specs.
Check these Augmented Reality Tips and Tricks to learn how to successfully set up your scene for AR.
If you are unsure if your device supports AR viewing, you can view a full list of supported OS and devices here.
Export your scene for AR
Check the performance guide to make sure your scene will perform in AR.
When your scene is ready to publish, Select EXPORT.
Set Publishing Options
Select basic publishing options (privacy, commenting).
Make sure BRIO RT is selected as the active render engine.
If you plan to present the scene on a website or online store, you can edit the embed frame size as needed.
Select Augmented Reality Layout
In the Layout section, select the AR tab. This will remove VR options and add a prominent button for AR viewing. You can also select "ALL" if you want to show options for both VR and AR.
Select a colour mode that is visible on your background.
Preview Scene in AR
- Select the button labelled "View in your space" in the player preview. This will open a QR code. Scan the code with your phone to open the mobile preview.
- In the mobile player, select "View in your space" again to view your scene in AR.
Publish and Share Your Augmented Reality Scene
Select Publish. BRIO will generate a link and an embed code to share your scene.
To view the published AR Scene:
Make sure you are in a well lit space. The AR render engine on your phone will use the light in your space to calculate realistic colours and shadows.
- Copy the scene link generated by BRIO after you publish.
- Open the published scene link in your browser. Select "View in Your Space". If you are on a mobile device, this will open the AR viewer.
- If you are on a desktop or other device without AR capabilities, a QR code will display on the screen. Scan the code with your phone to open the scene in your mobile browser, then select 'View in your space" to view the scene in AR.
Now you can view your 3D models in your own space!