Scenes that exceed the recommended number of texture maps will not render correctly.
Texture maps are used in material and lightmap shaders. Real-time lights also generate 1-2 maps each. These are all counted toward your scene's total texture map count.
Desktop 3D and Virtual Reality:
- 12 or less for fastest performance on all devices
- 16-20 maximum
Mobile 3D and Augmented Reality:
- 4 or less for fastest performance
- 5-6 maximum (slower performance - exact limit depends on device)
To reduce texture maps:
- Delete unnecessary maps from material shaders - open the material editor panel and select the image next to the slider to delete maps individually.
- Remove unnecessary real-time lights
The overall performance of your BRIO scenes depends on setting constraints for all factors in your scene. View the full Performance Guide Overview for more details.