Larger scenes will increase the loading time, and may crash in the browser when opened on a mobile device.
- 24MB or less for fastest performance on all devices
- Maximum 40MB (slower performance)
- 9.6MB or less for fastest performance
- Maximum 16MB (slower performance)
- 8.4MB or less for fastest performance
- Maximum 14MB (slower performance)
- 18MB or less for fastest performance
- Maximum 30MB (slower performance)
Ways to reduce scene size:
- Optimize your model in your native design software so that it is as light as possible. This can include combining objects and removing unnecessary object parts and/or rigged animations.
- Reduce Textures - If you are uploading multiple textures to apply to one model, you can combine the textures using the material ID method. This will reduce the number of texture maps used on your scene.
- Remove some objects
- Use fewer effects and behaviours
- Use fewer real-time lights - To get away with using fewer lights in your scene, try selecting a brighter Sky Light (HDRI or Image-based light). If you have a paid subscription, you can also bake your lighting.
Check out our Performance Guide Overview for more details.